The BOARD OF HEALTH is comprised of three (3) elected members. In addition to the three elected members, the Town contracts with a Health Agent who provides the Town with services related to soil evaluations, wells, pools, camps and food inspections, housing concerns and complaints which may be related to sanitary conditions at rental properties, hoarding concerns, building condemnations, fire or other disaster inspections. Housing inspection requests must be made by the legal tenant on the property lease.
The Board of Health meets once a month on Mondays. Check the Town’s website calendar for meeting date each month.
The Board of Health Agent has public office hours Monday evenings from 6PM to 8PM in the Town Office Building.
Appointments may be scheduled through the Board of Health Secretary by calling 413-665-1071 Mon-Wed 8:00AM-4:00PM and Thurs. 8:00AM-12:00PM. Board of Health Fax#: 413-665-1446.
OPIOD EPIDEMIC INFORMATION
REGULATIONS and APPLICATIONS/PERMITS
Note: Sunderland does not provide curbside trash and recycling pick up service. Residents must contract privately with a refuse company. The following companies currently service the town and offer full service trash and recycling pick up. Please contact them directly for services specific to your needs.
- Amherst Trucking: 413-247-5853
- Alternative Recycling: 413-587-4005
- Duseau Trucking: 413-586-4101
- Republic Services: 800-367-7778
- Bulk Trash Disposal is available to Sunderland residents for a nominal fee through the Franklin County Solid Waste Management District. Visit their website at www.franklincountywastedistrict.org for Bulk Collection Events (May and October), Hazardous Waste Collection Events (take place in September) and other disposal services.
TOBACCO REGULATIONS AND APPLICATION
WELL REGULATIONS AND APPLICATION