Birth Certificate Information
The only records of birth on file with the Town Clerk are of those children whose parents were residing in Sunderland at the time of the child's birth, and whose children who were physically born in the Town of Sunderland. The Town Clerk is authorized to issue certified copies of birth records (with raised seal) for a fee of $10.00 to cover the cost of retrieval.
The Clerk also administers adoption and record-change depositions. To obtain a certified copy of a birth record, please send a request including the name and date of birth, along with a check for $10.00 made out to the "Town of Sunderland", sent to the attention of the Office of the Town Clerk. Requests wth a SASE will usually be turned around the same day of receipt.
Death Certificate Information
The Office of the Town Clerk is the custodian of death records of those persons who physically die in Sunderland and those who were legal residents of the town at the time of their death. Certified copies of the Certificate of Death may be obtained for a fee of $10.00. A request for a Certificate, accompanied by a check for $10.00 made payable to the Town of Sunderland, along with the name of the deceased and the date of death (please include a SASE), will be honored in a timely fashion.
Marriage License and Certificate Information
- All persons wishing to marry in Massachusetts must obtain a marriage license issued from a Massachusetts City or Town Clerk's Office of their choice.
- The bride and groom must jointly apply for the license (file intentions) in person at the Clerk's Office. Marriage licenses are permanently maintained on file at the Clerk's Office where the marriage intention is filed.
- Marriage Intentions may be filed at the Sunderland Town Clerk's Office at the following times:
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Click here for more information.