Welcome to the Town of Sunderland’s new website, our new online home! If you start to explore it you’ll notice that things are a bit different. The goal of our new site is to present all the information we used to, and more, in a new cleaner design–one that’s easier to navigate and fresher looking. Over the years we’ve had to make do with old equipment and outdated software to create the old web site. Now it’s on to the future! You won’t find a lot of miscellaneous info splashed about on our new home page but you will be able to use it to get to all the information you need. We tried to design it so you’re usually no more than a few clicks away from the most important information.
Some key elements of our new design
You’ll notice some new and distinct areas on our home page:
1. A top navigation bar located just underneath the town banner.
2. A navigation bar on the left-hand side of the page
3. The main content area of the homepage - the part you're reading now.
4. A column on the right-hand side of the page
You can use these new areas to get around our site. Sometimes you may not see one bar or the other depending upon which page you’re on at the time, but you’ll always be able to click the top banner or the Home button and go back to our home page.
You’ll also want to visit our new important news and information blog, The Town Crier, located in the top navigation bar. You'll also see the several of the most recent posts to the blog at the top of the page in the left-hand column under the title Important News & Information. This is the place to go for important news and announcements from our town. If you click on the Important News & Info! tab in the top navigation bar under the town banner you’ll see a link to the blog page as well as a link to the blog's index. This is just another way to help you find a specific town notice you may be looking for. You can search important news by the entry name or by the month here.
You can also use our new search box - it works like any other search box. Just type in some key words to find what you’re looking for on our site.
Here's some more detailed information about each section:
The left-hand navigation bar
There’s lot’s to explore here including such things as:
- Separate pages for all our town boards, committees, departments, and groups can be found by clicking the Town Departments button in the LH navigation bar.
- Town meeting calendar
- Our new online Reference Library - just think of this as an online version of a library. It’s divided into two main areas, Information Resources and Information archives. This is the place to go to find all sorts of information like:
- This year’s election and town meeting info
- General election info like polling station info, dates, etc.
- A town forms page-one page where you’ll find an alphabetic list of all the town forms available online-don’t worry you can still access those forms from their respective department’s pages as well!
- Information about Sunderland like Assessor’s maps, demographic info, other town maps
- Meeting agendas and minutes
- Town bylaws
- Our online archives where you’ll find previous year’s agendas & minutes, election and town meeting info and more
The center column
Here you'll find some general information that will change periodically.
The right-hand column:
Here you'll find important reminders, communication information, and other importatn links to things like FCAT where you can view town meetings online.
Fresh, crisp, clean, and easy to move around in – these are the design ideas that inspired our new site. Let us know what you think of our new design, but please do try to remember that this is a new design and judge it based on your ability to get the info you need and not how different it is from the old site. We’ll be adding more info and features to our site so stop by every now and then to see what’s new.
Thank you and we appreciate you feedback and opinions!