To Request Animal Control Services
Call the Animal Control Officer (ACO), Emmie Martin at 413-695-1211 to report your animal related issue. The ACO will contact you regarding your request as soon as possible. Services are for animals related issues outside only. Responders do not provide services inside homes or other property areas - please contact a private exterminator for further assistance.
Did you know . . . Sunderland is also part of the Franklin County Regional Dog Shelter Program. The program allows the town to bring lost or stray dogs to the shelter for reconnection with their owner or rehab and transition to a new home!
Town of Sunderland Dog Licenses
Facts to take note of:
- All dogs residing in the town of Sunderland are required to be licensed each year with the Town Clerk.
- Licensing begins January of each year.
- All dogs 6 months or older must be licensed.
- Please let the Town Clerk know if the dog(s):
- no longer lives in town.
- has a change in owner.
- is deceased.
- The Town Clerk needs proof of neutering/spaying and the rabies expiration date to license a dog.
- The fees for dog licensing are: $10.00 per spayed/neutered dog, $15.00 per intact dog
- Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140, Section 141 states that all dogs must be licensed in the community to which they reside and those who fail to license their dog(s) will be fined $50.00 per dog.
- The late fee of $50.00 will be added after May 31st.
- You can license your dog(s) several ways.
- Mail proof of spay/neuter & rabies date along with a check for the appropriate amount to the Town Clerk.
- Stop in to the Town Clerks office with your paperwork.
- Visit "Online Payments" on the bottom of our HomePage to process your dog(s) license(s) online.
|Emmie Martin, ACO||Animal Control Officer||413-695-1211|
|Emmie Martin, ACO||413-695-1211|