*NO OPEN BURNING* The MA Open Burn Season begins January 15th by PERMIT ONLY! More information will be on our official website by the end of December. Unauthorized burning, burning of construction debris, leaves or any other item will create toned-out repsonse by the Fire Department and/or Police Department.
The Official Sunderland Fire Department website: http://www.sunderlandfire.com/
Public Records Requests or general questions, please send an email to: email@example.com
Permits & Inspections, please visit the Permits/Inspections page of our website: http://www.sunderlandfire.com/info-permits
1. The Sunderland Fire Department will no longer accept pre - populated permits for oil burner installations. This means that the installer must fill in their license number and name on the permit application in front of the Fire Inspector immediately after the completed installation is inspected.
2. Smoke Detector standards are going to change sometime before January 2022. More information will be posted below when available.
3. All permit applications must be filled out with the correct and complete address of the property, including the house or building number. No permit application will be accepted if this information is missing.
What types of permits and inspections does the Fire Dept. do?
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors (required before any sale or transfer of a home residence
- Propane, LPG tanks
- Truck Tank permits
- Bonfire permits (per State code & regs.)
- Residential Open Burn permits (Seasonal)(Online only)
- Agricultural burn permits (by Fire Chief only)
- Oil tank permits
- Hot work permits
- and more!
HOT WORK permits: Issued by the Fire Chief only
Please send an email to:
DUMPSTER & TRENCH permits:
Issued by the Sunderland Building Inspector