FEES / APPLICATIONS & PERMITS / REGULATIONS
BOARD OF HEALTH FEES
GENERAL APPLICATIONS and INFORMATION
- Beaver/Muskrat Trapping Permit Application and 30-day Extension Permit
- Body Art Establishment Regulations
- Body Art Permit Application for Establishments & Individuals
- Camp Application to conduct a Recreational Camp
- General Application for Septic Hauler and Installer Licensing
- Septic Tank Pumping Policy
SEPTIC SYSTEM INSTALLATION/REPAIR & UPGRADES SERVICES
- Perc Test (Soil Evaluation): Town witness fee: $175 (for up to 2 hours) is required to determine placement of a septic system, either new construction or a repair/upgrade.
- Disposal Works Permit is required for new construction systems or repair/upgrades - this application is completed by an engineer preparing a new construction or repair/upgrade system as hired by the property owner. The engineering fees are separate from the Board of Health Fees. All Board of Health fees noted must be paid in full before a Permit to proceed will be issued.
- Perc Test town witness fee: $175 (up to 2 hours) - check made payable to Town of Sunderland. A perc test is required to determine soil suitability and placement for a new or repaired system.
- Disposal Works Permit fee: $150 fee - check made payable to Town of Sunderland.
- Plan Review (by Health Inspector): $100 fee – check made payable to Town of Sunderland. Approval of the plan is required before proceeding with installation. Upon plan approval, a Disposal System Construction Permit will be issued to the property owner. This will be required before an installer will proceed with the contracted installation work.
- Final Inspection Fee: $100 – check made payable to Town of Sunderland. Upon completion of the system, the town’s Health Agent will conduct a final inspection of the system installation.
- Certificate of Compliance (COC). Once the system installation or upgrade has been completed, an “As-Built” will be provided to the town by the Engineer certifying the installation. A Certificate of Compliance (COC) will be provided to the homeowner once the “As-Built” has been received. The COC should be maintained by the property owner for proof of system installation or repair. It may also be required for any qualified tax benefits or proof of repair for sale of property.
- Title 5 Inspection: Title 5 Inspection fee: $100 fee – check made payable to Town of Sunderland. A Title 5 Inspection is required on all property sales BEFORE property is under contract. Timely testing is contingent upon scheduling availability of contractors and health agent. The property owner is encouraged to be present during this inspection however, it is not required. Access to the inside of the property is required for system identification. Per Town Bylaw,testing is required to be witnessed by the Health Agent. NOTE: Title 5 Inspection Protocol related to COVID-19 is now required on all Title 5 inspections. SEPTIC TANK PUMPING POLICY
- For More Septic System information, visit: Buying and Selling A Home with a Septic System and Care and Maintenance of Your Septic System
- PAYMENT OF BOARD OF HEALTH FEES MAY BE COMBINED ON ONE PAYMENT SOURCE.Checks or cash are accepted forms of payment, we regret that we do not accept credit or debit cards.
TOBACCO REGULATIONS and APPLICATIONS
- Tobacco Regulations for Sales
- Tobacco Regulations Prohibiting Smoking in the Workplace
- Tobacco Sales Permit Application
- Trench Permit Application - $25 checks made payable to Town of Sunderland. permits may be approved by the following: Board of Health Agent, Building Commissioner, Fire Department