2018 Dog Licenses are now available in the Town Clerk's Office
Facts to take note of:
- All dogs residing in the town of Sunderland are required to be licensed each year with the Town Clerk.
- Licensing begins January of each year.
- All dogs 6 months or older must be licensed.
- Please let the Town Clerk know if the dog(s):
- No longer lives in town
- Has a change in owner
- Is deceased
- The Town Clerk needs proof of neutering/spaying and the rabies expiration date to license a dog.
- The fees for dog licensing are: $10.00 per spayed/neutered dog, $15.00 per intact dog
- Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140, Section 141 states that all dogs must be licensed in the community to which they reside and those who fail to license their dog(s) will be fined $50.00 per dog.
- The late fee of $50.00 will be added after May 31st.
- You can license your dog(s) several ways.
- Mail proof of spay/neuter & rabies date along with a check for the appropriate amount to the Town Clerk.
- Stop in to the Town Clerks office with your paperwork.
- Visit "Online Payments" on the bottom of our HomePage to process your dog(s) license(s) online.